Usual disclaimers: I'm not a doctor, legal professional or financial advisor. This article is for information/education only and reflects my own opinions. It should not be taken as financial, legal or medical advice. Do your own research and never invest anything you cannot afford to lose (including your time).

17 August 2010

Hey Google, what's wrong with Blogger?

Is it just me or is everyone else experiencing the same problem when switching to the new design tools? There are some great images but it seems to lack the ability to upload your own. I played around with what was on offer on one of my other blogs and discovered that whenever I tried to change the design, it wouldn't let me add new gadgets to the layout and instead inserted the dashboard into the sub-frame. Did I do something wrong? I tried again and found the same thing occurred within the sub-frame.

I thought maybe the frequent design changes had confused it so I exported my blog, deleted it and then tried to create a new version and import the content. Blogger just refused point-blank to have anything to do with the file. Arrrgh... undelete... undelete. Luckily I managed to restore the old version. You do have to wonder how committed Google are to the Blogger service though.Hmmm... maybe I should try it in Chrome to see if that makes a difference.

Apparently it does because changing the design of this blog in Chrome worked flawlessly. So there is a need for chrome then